Apple Crumble Protein Cake
Apple Crumble Protein Cake is loaded with warm cinnamon apples and crumb topping! This guilt free cake is moist and deliciously spiced!
- Moo's Protein Muffin Mix - Apple Cinnamon
- 3/4 water
- 1 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 tablespoon oil of choice or melted butter
- 1 apple (cored, peeled and diced)
- 1/2 cup oats
- 2 tbsp room temperature butter
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
1) Pre-heat oven to 350F (Convection). Mix Moo's Protein Muffin Mix - Apple Cinnamon with 3/4 cup water, 1 cup unsweetened applesauce and 1 tbsp oil of choice or melted butter.
2) Oil/butter a (9'x9') baking dish (bottom and sides)
3) Core, peel and dice one large apple and place half on the bottom of the dish then pour the batter over the apples.
Edit: I originally put the apples on the bottom but I would recommend layering half of the batter on the bottom then place (half) apples, then top with the remaining batter.
4) In a bowl, cut in 2 tbsp of butter into a mixture of 1/2 cup of oats and 1 tbsp brown sugar.
5) Add remaining chopped apples to the crumble mixture and sprinkle over the batter and put in the oven for 25-28 minutes.
6) Enjoy! (Optional: Add your favourite ice cream on top!)